Atlas Shrugged: The Mocking

Monday, February 13, 2017

Pointing And Laughing At Megan McArdle



As we all know, there is nothing I can do to stop well-paid propaganda. Megan McArdle will continue to earn a small fortune by rat-fucking her country to screw the looter and moochers and get lower taxes. But I can do one thing.

Laugh my ass off.




As much as I would enjoy taking credit for the cocktail party meme, McArdle's readers, many of whom are Trump supporters, are perfectly eager to call her an effete liberal snob without any help from me. She is on the east coast, went to an Ivy League school, and is in the media, therefore she is assumed to be a liberal cocktail chatterer.

Maybe the constant criticism over her anti-Trump views is getting on her nerves. Maybe her hit count is going down as Trumpers gain ascendancy and #NeverTrumpers lose it. Maybe she's just a liiiiitle less useful to her backers as she once was. She was hired to be honey for the wingnut bees, and the bees are beginning to give their Queen the stink-eyes.



McArdle has about half a dozen posts that she recycles endlessly in her blog, radio and tv appearances, her book, and speeches. As her commenters have noticed in the past.



At this point the fun tirade ends, but I want to add one comment from a reader to demonstrate the kind of person she is attracting and chooses not to reprimand. I have a feeling we are going to hear this kind of argument again.




I don't think Bannon will stop with Muslims. I don't think any of the Trumpers will either.

3 comments:

Andrew Johnston said...

Remember when McArdle's bestie Mark Kleiman got the vapors over those potty-mouth liberal bloggers who were giving McArdle shit just because she wanted to beat up people whose politics she didn't like? Good times.

I sometimes suspect that the "cocktail party" is as much myth and fact. Granted, I don't live on the Upper West Side (where apparently they have cocktail parties every night, or so the legends say) but I live in a trendy leftie sort of community and I can't remember ever seeing anything like that. And the closest I've ever seen with my own two eyes was a few nights ago, swilling Pabst at an impromptu show/fundraiser in a record store.

Downpuppy said...

Were these from the Bloomberg immigration post of 2 days ago?
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-10/the-democrats-immigration-problem-s

I had a brief look at those comments, but all the Kidz trying to impress each other with history they pulled off the intertubes was too much.

Anyhow, I did enjoy Megan being coy about her hoer.

Downpuppy said...

Also looked at her latest awful post on the reduced ACA signup.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-08/obamacare-exchanges-were-in-big-trouble-before-trump

She doesn't mention non-enforcement of the mandate or rate increases due to congress not funding the risk corridor payments. Which are like, major.